What We Believe
Northeast Colorado Creation Group
Statement of Belief
• The truth of a created world to be self-evident, and that evidence clearly demonstrates intelligent purposeful design rather than an unbroken chain of random, chance events from molecule to man.
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”1
• That the evidence within our physical cosmos2 reveals, at both the micro- and macro- levels, that life had a spontaneous beginning as a result of a creative action.
• That the evidence within our physical cosmos reveals that entropy, death, and decay were subjected upon an original, eternal, “very good”3 creation.
• That the evidence within our physical cosmos reveals that Earth experienced a catastrophic upheaval and global flood of water that destroyed most life on earth, leaving a changed and relatively young geological landscape.
“And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven . . ." and “. . . never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.”5
• That this evidence within our physical cosmos reveals a Creator God who has made Himself evident.
“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made.”6
"He hath made the earth by his power,
he hath established the world by his wisdom,
and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion."
1 Genesis 1:1
2 G2889 = Cosmos = world (orderly arrangement). “He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.” (John 1:10)
3 Genesis 1:31a
4 Genesis 6:17:a
5 Genesis 9:11b
6 Romans 1:20